By: Daniel Yao Akpabli | ignewss — KUMASI, Ghana,

A 19-year-old robbery suspect, Ahmed Mustapha, has been sentenced to 15 years’ imprisonment with hard labour after being convicted of robbery and causing harm in the Ashanti Region.
According to the Ashanti Regional Police Command, Mustapha was arrested on July 21, 2026, by the Asokore Mampong Night Patrol Team following information that a 25-year-old man had been attacked and robbed of his mobile phone near the Presbyterian Church at Asabi.
Police said the suspect attempted to escape and hide in an uncompleted building when officers arrived at the scene, but he was pursued and arrested.
A mobile phone belonging to the victim and a cutlass believed to have been used in the attack were recovered from the suspect.
The victim sustained cutlass wounds to the forehead, neck and left hand and was subsequently taken to KNUST Hospital for medical treatment. He later regained consciousness and was reported to be in stable condition.
Mustapha was arraigned before Asokwa Circuit Court Two on July 27, 2026, presided over by Her Honour Vida Achiaa Yeboah, on charges of robbery and causing harm.
He pleaded guilty to both charges and was remanded in police custody to reappear for sentencing.
On August 10, 2026, he was brought before the same court, convicted and sentenced to 15 years’ imprisonment with hard labour.
The convict has since been transferred to Kumasi Central Prisons to begin serving his sentence.
The Ashanti Regional Police Command said the conviction demonstrates its continued efforts to respond to violent crime and ensure that offenders are brought before the courts.
Source: www.ignewss.com